Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Vanilla and Spud catch some zzz's

I don't know about anyone else, but the day my senior project presentation is over, I'm going to need a few drinks to celebrate!  As today was the due date on that massive draft, it's been a long, busy week for me.  We've put countless hours into a document that matters so much towards a business degree at Bradley and I couldn't have been happier to turn that sucker in.  Unfortunately for Nilla and Daisy, that has meant a lot of "no mom" time.  Luckily I have a roommate who knows how much those little girls mean to me so I get frequent updates while I've been away.  Sunday I needed a change of scenery in all of my editing, so I went to my brothers.  My two little nuggets didn't waste any time to curl up together on our couch.

Daisy is such a mommy's girl, it melts my heart.  Earlier in the week, I was watching Netflix on one of my senior project breaks.  I got all curled up on the couch for the hour and my little girl felt the need to be in my lap the entire time.  My roommate called for her; typically Daisy would have gone just for the attention.  However this week has been so dedicated to senior project festivities that I just don't think she wanted to leave my lap.  The look she gave my roommate is priceless and has definitely landed in my top five pictures of her of all time!

Last night was by far the most stressed I've been.  Though the project was pretty much done, I had nightmares during my nap of random headings being orphaned at the bottom of pages, page numbers not matching up to the table of contents, and the ever dreaded "they" appearing in every sentence.  I had to get out of that place before I lost my mind.  After spending some much needed time with a friend to get my mind off of everything consulting related, I came back home and found my girls curled up asleep in my roommate's bed.  I smiled because no matter how rough and tough life gets, I am truly blessed with fur babies who love me.






No comments:

Post a Comment