Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Vanilla and Spud get bored

As we're getting ready for the holidays at home, it seems that my two girls are simply bored.  They have the blues, something, I don't know.  It was hard for me to sort through all of the pictures from this week since I took so many.  I decided that I might be too obsessed with my dogs.  I met a new friend this week, and during our first conversation, I was asked to share something interesting about myself.  Truth be told, I told this new friend that I have a dog blog.  This doesn't embarrass me; it's just proof of the fact that my dogs are truly my life.  Falling asleep at night, I'm happy knowing that I have them by my side.


Another aspect of this past week was the fact that for the first time throughout the semester, I have not had anything to work on towards my senior project as the professor had the draft to look over.  Though it was stressful waiting for feedback, it was peaceful to simply not have any new deadlines to worry about throughout the beginning of the week.  I used this time to catch up on some TV shows that I had fallen behind on watching...you guessed it, Nilla was all about this cuddle time.  She even stole the remotes from me one night while we were curled up in bed.

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I've had a lot on my mind.  A lot to think about and a lot to be thankful for.  I would be truly lost without my family and especially my close friends.  My education at Bradley is coming to a close and my life will be better for it.  I've got a home, food, water, and a bed to call my own.  I have a dependable vehicle to get me from place to place.  This is only the beginning.  Every day, we take things for granted because we live in a privileged world.  OF COURSE, I could never forget just how thankful I am for my four legged friends, always being by my side with smiles on their faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment