Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Vanilla and Spud "flip out"

As we're settling into another school year, Lucas and I have had a world of adjustments to make.  Though the summer didn't give me a lot of "at home" time, with school starting, I have even less.  This unfortunately means less relaxation, less time for housework and chores, less cuddles, and most importantly, less time with my three loves.  First, let me introduce myself.  I'm Elizabeth.  I work at Qik-n-EZ in Normal, Il full time as a manager.  I live in Bloomington.  I work a campus job and am starting my final semester in my undergrad at Bradley University.  The three most important people in my life are Lucas, Nilla, and Daisy. 
<< That's us! Our happy family.  Lucas is my rock and my strength and will get me through this semester just like he has the ones before this.  He's also my partner in crime and can turn any situation brighter for me.  Nilla has been my best friend (cliché I know, but honestly it's true).  She's been by my side for almost eight years now and was lucky enough to get a new baby sister this summer.  Our little Daisy Duke walked (okay, it was more of a waddle) into our lives in June; thankfully she fits in perfectly.  The two of them grow closer each day.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am unbelievably proud of my family and would do anything for them.  That's why I've started this blog: so that I can show them off and brag about my wittle puppies.  I promise to include new pictures in each and every weekly update so that you can not only read, but also watch them grow.  (Sidenote: they do some funny, crazy stuff sometimes, so buckle up for the ride). 


WEEK ONE SPOTLIGHT: Daisy and Nilla have a play pen in our spare bedroom.  They get locked up together to keep each other company while we are gone (that's code for Daisy is teething and I don't trust her one bit since she's already ruined so many pairs of my shoes).  When Lucas came home on Tuesday at lunchtime to pick up something, he found them waiting at the door. Some how, they flipped the pen and "threw" it against the wall.  I'm disappointed that I don't know how this happened, but proud at the same time because nothing was destroyed during the making of Daisy's "I'M FREEEE" home video.

1 comment: