Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Vanilla and Spud hate school

Being the busy person I am, adding school to the mix has not been fun for my little girls.  Though they are used to me being gone, they are not used to fighting for my attention when I am home.  Now that school has started however, I have an endless amount of homework to be done, social media sites to check, and of course, reading to do. 

Nilla has gone through this many times with me and school and is definitely more accepting of the situation.  Daisy on the other hand, absolutely hates it.  I wake up very early every morning.  After my shower, I go back to the bedroom where I get groans not only from Lucas, but also from the girls.  They all hate the bright light when it's too early for them.  I thought it was just too cute to see Daisy bury her head inside of the dog bed next to Nilla's butt.  Daisy's hate for my school life has gotten so bad to the point of me giving up on sociology readings a couple of nights until the next morning.  While sitting in the living room or kitchen working on homework or studying, the girls follow me and sit either in my lap or by my feet.  Once all I have left is reading, I tend to move to the bed where I can be more comfortable.  At first, this is a reason to be excited if you're a four legged human in my apartment.  But Daisy quickly realized that it isn't that easy to get time with her mom. 

I open my sociology book, and her furry little paws quickly find their way onto my open page.  She shows me that cute little "I need you face" (extreme under-bite included which makes it even harder to say no to).  When I nudge her off of my book, she whines and cries for my attention.  So I pick her up give her a few kisses and put her back down.  This is not good enough for my little potato of a dog; the entire process starts all over again.  I mean can you honestly say that you wouldn't have a hard time saying no to this cute little furry face?

While Daisy and Nilla can't help too much with my homework, they do always help me feel loved.  They literally follow me everywhere at all times during my day.  Lucas's birthday is this next Sunday and I spent a decent amount of time this afternoon wrapping his birthday gifts from the three of us.  Once again Daisy was relentless.  Nilla helped me out for a while by distracting her while they played, but once Nill got tired out, Daisy wanted to help the entire time I wrapped her dad's birthday gifts.  I sure do love my little helpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment