Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Vanilla and Spud love birthdays

This past weekend was full of excitement in our home.  Why? Because Lucas turned 22 on Sunday!  Confession: I absolutely HATE cleaning.  But what I hate even more than cleaning is going out to bars and spending a small fortune just to drink.  So Friday night we had some friends over to celebrate Lucas's birthday instead of going out to our favorite bar. 


Needless to say, I spent all of Friday afternoon deep-cleaning the apartment.  New fun fact: Daisy likes to chase and bark at the vacuum....good for her I guess.  Haha.  With people coming over, I was worried about drunk people stepping on my little puppy (I've never had this worry before since she's my first small dog).  However, Daisy made it through the night without getting hurt, just plenty of love and a few threats of her being dog-napped.



 


Saturday was my day to do homework and relax with Lucas after work.  But Sunday was the big day.  I had all ten of his gifts wrapped up on the TV waiting for when I got off of work.  What Lucas didn't know was that he was having a surprise party later that night.  Him and I would go to dinner, but all of his friends and family would be there waiting for us.  He was definitely surprised!! I know that by the time I came home Sunday, I was ready to curl up into bed.  And so were the dogs.  They were both worn out from all of the excitement of cleaning, having a party, Lucas opening gifts, and us being gone most of Sunday evening. But at least they weren't too tired to be cute!

6 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like a fun, but stressful weekend!! I always get really anxious when I have people over at my house. It's just easier to go over to someone else's house, you know? Also, I'm very curious as to what those ten presents were! That's a lot! I'm sure he loved everything you did for him and had an absolutely wonderful birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katelyn:
      I completely agree about the stress and anxiety levels when I know people are coming over...I don't know if I will ever get over it. As for the gifts, they included some clothes, a puzzle, UNO attack cause who doesn't love heart attacks from games?, an NWA cd because we're all gangster rappers somewhere deep inside, Taken 3, Hocus Pocus, and The Sandlot, cashews (lol), new cologne, and a season of ER. He got a little bit of everything he's interested in!

      Delete
  2. Yeah i agree with Katelyn, I WANNA KNWO WHAT THESE GIFTS ARE!!!

    Love how you treat your dog as if it is a part of the family, because lets be honest they are! They are literally like another child added to the family Tree! You're puppy is truly lucky to have an owner like you because as we all know not all animals are as privileged to have such great caretakers! Excited to learn and read more about the pups and what you guys do together <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany:
      To avoid redundancy, I'll throw in the extra gifts here. On top of the ten gifts, he also got a huge bottle of Jaeger for his party, his three favorite 'eat out' meals throughout the weekend (Avanti's, Panda, and Buffalo Wild Wings), and two birthday cakes (one as a decoy for the one at the party) all just because he's spoiled and I guess that's okay (:

      As for the dogs, they really are like our children and I hate being away from them; they are the best faces to come home to each night. Thanks for reading and the compliments on my puppy ownership skills, it meas a lot!

      Delete
  3. My dog is starting a support group for other pooches with vacuum aversion if Daisy would like to join. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I think Daisy sees our vacuum as more of a friend or playmate than anything else(:

    ReplyDelete