Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Vanilla and Spud find comfort in each other

This week has been slightly more hectic than desirable in our household.  The end of last week started a period of time which has been packed with school work.  Between studying, projects, deadlines, readings, and assignments, I'm not quite sure how I found any down time.  It's weeks like these that I am so thankful that the girls have each other.  Nilla looks out for little Daisy like there is no other, more important part to her existence.  They eat, drink, play, fight, and most of all sleep together every single day.  The girls also spent a night away from me and Lucas over the weekend.  We went over to Peoria for the night to hang out with friends.  Nilla and Daisy spent the night at Patricia's house with two other dogs.  The four of them ended up getting along really well and spent all of their time together playing.  It feels good to know that they can survive without us for a night or two here or there.

Let's be honest though, I never want to be too far from my baby girls for two long.  I was really sick at the beginning of this week and had multiple exams to study for.  I needed to be more productive than I was, but there's only so much your body can handle when you're sick.  When I would fall asleep studying or working on homework, I'd always wake up with these two by my side.  They are the best at making me feel better and I love every minute with them.  One day I woke up earlier this week and found the two of them curled up in bed.  I took my favorite picture of them so far that morning.  The negative space between them makes the cutest little heart and I was reminded of the blessing we all have in each other because of the love we share.


No comments:

Post a Comment